RSV Pools, Inc. SWIMSAFE® Program
The RSV Pools SWIMSAFE Program is designed to provide safety for potentially unsupervised non-swimmers.
- Identify the children who cannot swim independently to assure proper guardian supervision.
- Identify the children who cannot swim for easier identification of potentially dangerous situations.
- Provide motivation for non-swimmers to reach a goal, producing more water safe children at each pool.
- Provide recognition for children who have achieved basic swimming skills.
How SwimSafe Works
- Lifeguards will have all children take a swim test during designated adult swim periods of the pool operation. The swim test will vary depending on pool size.
- The basic swim test will include a swim covering the length of the pool.
- Following the swim, each child will tread water for 60 seconds.
- The name of each child who passes the swim test is recorded in a notebook.
- Children who successfully pass both requirements are issued a SWIMSAFE bracelet to be worn at all times the child is at the pool during the entire pool season. Children will receive their first SWIMSAFE bracelet free of charge.
- Bracelets are not transferable.
- Replacement swim safe bracelets are $3 each. Replacement bracelets require a signed waiver by each child’s guardian stating that the bracelet is for that child’s use only.
- A lifeguard can retest a child with a SWIMSAFE bracelet on if there is uncertainty regarding the child’s ability to swim.
- Children who cannot pass the swim test will only be allowed in the pool with adult guardian who is in the pool and within arm’s reach of the child per county requirement.